Root Canal Therapy – Grove City, OH
We Can Save Your Infected Tooth
Root canal therapy doesn’t necessarily have the best reputation out there. Based on what you have seen in movies and on TV, you may think that they are painful and unpleasant. Fortunately, with modern dental technology, root canal therapy is a relatively painless procedure, and it can be used to repair damaged teeth and save them from needing to be extracted. At Park Street Dental of Grove City, we can save your infected tooth! To learn more about root canal therapy or to schedule an appointment, just give us a call !
Why Choose Park Street Dental of Grove City for Root Canal Therapy?
- Same-Day Emergency Care
- We Accept Dental Insurance
- Sedation Dentistry Available
Do I Need Root Canal Therapy?
Having a toothache doesn’t always mean that you’re in need of root canal therapy. This service is reserved for teeth that have become damaged, decayed, or infected to the point where they can’t be treated with just a filling or dental crown. Here are the most common symptoms that may indicate that you could benefit from the procedure:
- Severe toothache or dental pain for more than 24 hours
- New or worsening temperature sensitivity
- Pain in one or multiple teeth when you bite down
- Swollen, red, or tender gum tissue
- Bump present on the gums near the trouble tooth
If you are experiencing one or more of these signs, give us a call so we can schedule you for an emergency visit and give you some relief.
The Root Canal Process
Root canal therapy is used to alleviate discomfort and save teeth that have become damaged. First, you will be given a local anesthetic to make sure that you feel comfortable throughout the duration of the procedure. The area will be completely numbed, so you won’t feel a thing. A small hole will be made in your enamel, and all of the infected and damaged tissues from the inside of your tooth will be removed. Afterwards, the tooth will be cleaned and sanitized to leave it completely free of bacteria. A biocompatible material will be used to fill the tooth. Many times, a dental crown is placed after root canal therapy to keep the tooth extra safe from additional damage in the future.
The Benefits of Getting a Root Canal
Root canal therapy is a safe way to prevent serious oral health issues going forward. Here are just a few of the benefits:
- Preserves your tooth: When compared to extractions, saving a tooth with root canal therapy can save you time, money, and complications.
- Stops harmful bacteria: Root canal therapy effectively cleans away harmful particles that are causing your pain and discomfort.
- Painless procedure: This procedure is virtually pain-free! It will feel similar to getting a standard filling and requires much less healing time than a tooth extraction.