Dental Crowns – Grove City, OH
Beautiful, Long-Lasting Repair for Damaged Teeth
Most people never realize how much they rely on their teeth until one of them becomes chipped, cracked, or decayed. Not only is chewing with a damaged tooth uncomfortable, but without sufficient protection, the tooth could sustain even more damage. It might become broken or infected to the point that it has to be extracted altogether. Here at Park Street Dental of Grove City, Dr. Merrell and Dr. Kryszan can save your tooth by placing a personalized crown on top of it. If you have a broken tooth that needs fixing, call us today to find out if dental crowns in Grove City, OH are just the thing your smile needs!
Why Choose Park Street Dental of Grove City for Dental Crowns?
- Durable Materials That Look & Feel Natural
- All-Digital, Goop-Free Impressions
- Caring Dentists Who Listen to Your Needs
What Is a Dental Crown?
Dental crowns are sometimes referred to as “caps” for your teeth. They’re designed to cover all of a tooth’s enamel in order to shield it from further damage or decay. While dental crowns used to be made from precious metals like silver or gold, we provide Emax all-ceramic crowns. This material can be personalized to match the shade of your enamel. That way, you won’t have to sacrifice the appearance of your smile to improve its health.
Your dentist in Grove City may recommend a crown for many reasons, such as:
- Preventing additional damage to a worn-down or vulnerable tooth
- Holding together an already broken tooth
- Protecting a tooth that has undergone root canal therapy
- Supporting a dental bridge
- Restoring a single dental implant
- Concealing aesthetic imperfections like a severely discolored or misshapen tooth
Ultimately, the best way to find out whether you need a dental crown is to have our dentists examine your mouth. We’ll consider all of the possible treatments and let you know if a crown would be the most effective way to restore your oral health.
The Process of Getting a Dental Crown
We can usually complete the dental crown process in just a couple of appointments. First, we create enough room for the crown by reshaping the enamel of the tooth in question. Then we capture impressions of that section of your mouth, which we can do without the need for messy putty thanks to our iTero 5D digital scanner. Next, we place a temporary crown over your tooth. A local dental lab starts crafting your crown based on the impressions we send them, and we contact you once it arrives at our office. We remove your temporary and make sure your final crown fits comfortably before bonding it to your tooth.
The Benefits of Dental Crowns
So many of our patients love dental crowns in Grove City because these restorations can:
- Strengthen a weakened tooth, enabling it to continue biting and chewing like normal.
- Protect a tooth from further decay or damage.
- Build a tooth up to its original shape and size, helping all of the teeth come together correctly.
- Be customized to seamlessly blend in with the teeth around it, making your dental work practically invisible.